Posted: July 19th, 2016
The situation at Good Health Hospital has become a bit overwhelming ever since the outbreak of E. coli in Ward 10 on the second floor.
It appears that there are six (6) cases of the disease. To better understand the situation, communication with the CDC has revealed that this bacterium can be found in many everyday items.
The CDC recommends that investigation begin in the hospital kitchens since E. coli can be transmitted via contaminated vegetables and delicatessen meats such as salami and other cold cuts.
The following table shows the number of cases identified so far: Case Age Gender 1 23 M 2 21 F 3 15 M 4 42 F After meeting yesterday with chief administrator Joe Wellborn; it has been decided that the litigation issues with one (1) of the patients may need further information to determine if the patient was already symptomatic with the bacteria before admission.
Research has indicated that hospitals operating in the Tampa Bay area have been known to have cases of E. coli contamination. This substantiates the need for further investigations by the County Health Department.
Due to the severity of the cases and the potential for further spread, it is recommended that the hospital seek alternate vending services since the present suppliers cannot verify sanitation protocols for their products. In conclusion, the study done at Good Health Hospital has indicated that the E. coli outbreak was in fact caused by spoil food from the cafeteria.
As a social science researcher working for a regional hospital, you are in charge of contacting the DOH from your home state and the CDC for statistical data on nosocomial diseases that frequently cause illness at your healthcare facility. Using information from both agencies, evaluate the data on common nosocomial diseases and compile a treatment contingency plan for dealing with hospital infections.
Write a five to six (5-6) page evaluation report in which you:
1. Analyze Good Health Hospital’s records and itemize recent nosocomial infections within the past year. In your report, categorize the different parameters (i.e., person, time, place, ethnicity, and gender) used in the compilation of data into the information summative.
2. Propose at least six (6) questions for the health care administrator at Good Health Hospital regarding potential litigation issues with infections from nosocomial diseases. In your report, rationalize the logic behind your six (6) questions.
3. Identify a targeted audience within Good Health Hospital, and prepare an implementation plan based on your hypothetical meeting with the hospital health care administrator. Propose four (4) steps that will be useful in the final implementation plan.
4. Suggest at least five (5) recommendations to your department head based on the steps taken in the implementation plan. Provide a rationale for your suggestions.
5. Using these approved recommendations, design a safety protocol itinerary that must be placed in public access areas of the hospital.
6. Use at least four (4) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. These must come from journal sources. Note: Fact Sheets, Wikipedia, and non-academic Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: • Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. • Include a cover page containing the assignment title, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The required assignment page length is not included on the cover page or the reference page.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Examine epidemiology concerning population, environment, transmission, and prevention.
• Examine the application of epidemiology to specific diseases.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial epidemiology.
• Write clearly and concisely about managerial epidemiology using proper writing mechanics.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.