Posted: September 16th, 2016
Portfolio is of appropriate length / word count (approximately 500 words per Module).
Credible and relevant references are included in text and on a reference list for each module according to APA, AND / OR considered answers are provided (that is, the issue under discussion is considered from differing points of view and at length)
MODULE 1 ( 500 WORDS )
• e-Portfolio Assessment As part of this module please undertake the following activity and upload your answer into your ePortfolio. Please remember that this forms part of your assessment for this unit.
• On returning from your tea break you are met by several staff members who relate the following information to you concerning your patients.
• I. Mrs Chew’s intravenous (IV) infusion has tissued, her IV fluids are running behind and she has missed her 14.00 hrs. IV antibiotic.
• ii. Mr Smith’s visitor has fainted.
• iii One of the staff toilets has blocked and is overflowing and waste is pouring out rapidly.
• iv. Mr Esposito is scheduled to leave the ward now for his cardiac catheterisation and he has still not received his preoperative medication.
• v. One of the surgical consultants (VMO) is waiting to discuss a medication error that happened last week.
• vi. As you are taking this handover, an elderly female post-operative patient collapses to the floor and is unconscious. She has had facial surgery.
• The other RN is busy with NUM role. Staff currently available on the ward to assist you in addressing these issues include: the ward clerk, an Enrolled Nurse who is currently undertaking her IV cannulation certificate but is not yet competent, and an AIN.
ACTIVITY Using the above scenario:
1: In order of priority, identify which tasks you yourself will undertake and which tasks you will delegate.
2: Document your rationales in detail.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.