Posted: November 30th, 2017
A nurse in a medical unit is caring for a client with heart failure. The client suddenly develops extreme dyspnea, tachycardia, and lung crackles, and the nurse suspects pulmonary edema. The nurse immediately notifies the registered nurse and expects which interventions to be prescribed? Select all that apply.
1. Administering oxygen
2. Inserting a Foley catheter
3. Administering furosemide (Lasix)
4. Administering morphine sulfate intravenously
5. Transporting the client to the coronary care unit
6. Placing the client in a low Fowler’s side-lying position
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.