Posted: November 29th, 2017
The nurse is evaluating the discharge teaching for a client who has an ileal conduit. Which of the following statements indicates that the client has correctly understood the teaching? Select all that apply.
1. “If I limit my fluid intake I will not have to empty my ostomy pouch as often.”
2. “I can place an aspirin tablet in my pouch to decrease odor.”
3. “I can usually keep my ostomy pouch on for 3 to 7 days before changing it.”
4. “I must use a skin barrier to protect my skin from urine.”
5. “I should empty my ostomy pouch of urine when it is full.”
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.