Posted: November 29th, 2017
A nurse is caring for a pregnant client with severe preeclampsia who is receiving IV magnesium sulfate. Select all nursing interventions that apply in the care for the client.
1. Monitor maternal vital signs every 2 hours
2. Notify the physician if respirations are less than 18 per minute.
3. Monitor renal function and cardiac function closely
4. Keep calcium gluconate on hand in case of a magnesium sulfate overdose
5. Monitor deep tendon reflexes hourly
6. Monitor I and O’s hourly
7. Notify the physician if urinary output is less than 30 ml per hour.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.