Posted: November 30th, 2017
A nurse is caring for an infant with a diagnosis of tetralogy of Fallot. The infant suddenly becomes cyanotic and the oxygen saturation reading drops to 60%. Choose the interventions that the nurse should perform. Select all that apply.
1. Call a code blue.
2. Notify the registered nurse.
3. Place the infant in a prone position.
4. Prepare to administer morphine sulfate.
5. Prepare to administer intravenous fluids.
6. Prepare to administer 100% oxygen by face mask.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.