Posted: February 16th, 2017
Why isn’t there a vaccine for the common cold but one for chicken pox virus (Varicella Zoster vaccine)?
The post lab evaluation questions must be completed prior to your submission of the lab. Answers for these questions will be derived from the lab protocol, the weekly concepts associated with the lab and possibly research content from the book and/or online resources.
Please cite your work for any reference source you utilize in answering these questions.
- What did you learn or gain from the presentations you worked on in your group and/or from the other groups presenting about the specific topics?
- A lot of individuals get the influenza vaccine each year but it is highly recommended for the young and elderly. Why is this the case? Why do some people who get the influenza vaccine still come down with the flu?
- Why isn’t there a vaccine for the common cold but one for chicken pox virus (Varicella Zoster vaccine)?
- What role do the lymph nodes have within the lymphatic system? How does it allow for activation of immune system cells? Lastly, how does metastatic cancer pertain to the lymphatic system and lymph nodes?
- Compare and contrast the differences with immunodeficiency, hypersensitivity and autoimmune disorders including the basic treatments for each type.