Posted: December 26th, 2022
DNP-815A Scientific Underpinnings GCU
- Analyze the role of nursing theory in practice.
- Explain the historical development of nursing theory.
- Analyze personal worldview and theoretical perspective of nursing practice.
Topic 1 DQ 1
Read the “Discussion Forum Philosophy” to acquaint yourself with the expectations of doctoral learners posting in the discussion forum. Define the process of theory building. Identify a historical change or event that had significant impact on the development of nursing theory. Discuss the effect of the change/event on nursing from that point forward, the contribution(s) to nursing that resulted, and how it relates now to successfully preparing the DNP for practice. Provide examples and literature support.
ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
DNP-815A Scientific Underpinnings GCU Topic 1 DQ 2
Select a nursing theory that you will use to guide your DNP Project. Define the nursing theory and explain its role and contribution to the profession of nursing and how this nursing theory will guide your DNP Project.
DNP-815A Scientific Underpinnings GCU Preconference Evaluation: Individual Success Plan (ISP)
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed-upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated with completion of your Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project.
A preconference meeting is intended for the learner and preceptor/mentor to review course- and learner-specific learning objectives: the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of the learner and preceptor/mentor during this practice immersion experience. All faculty and preceptor/mentor information will be given to each party by the learner. Any course or program information requested by the preceptor/mentor will be provided by the learner. During this meeting, the learner and preceptor/mentor will discuss the course and practice immersion goals, including any projects that are to take place. The faculty will review the submitted document and must approve proposed projects at this time. The faculty will also send an introductory email to the preceptor/mentor.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course.
- Locate and download Individual Success Plan (ISP) and Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) timeline documents in the DNP PI Workspace.
- Review the DNP Program Milestones document in the DNP PI Workspace and identify which domains, competencies, and milestones apply to this course. Note: Not all courses have milestones.
- Determine what practice immersion experiences you plan to seek in order to address each competency. Include how many hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Learners will apply concepts from each of their core courses to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve current practice and are required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the ISP to develop a personal plan for completing your practice immersion hours and how competencies will be met. Show all of the major milestones and deliverables in the timeline.
- Within the ISP, ensure you identify specific deliverables which can include the following: individualized DNP practice immersion contracts; comprehensive log of practice immersion hours applied to doctoral-level learning outcomes; learner evaluations; preceptor/mentor evaluations; current and updated CV; scholarly activities; GCU DNP competency self-assessment; reflective journal; course goals and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met; faculty and preceptor/mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours; and DPI Project milestones.
- A preconference and a postconference/evaluation between learners and preceptors/mentors are mandatory for all learners enrolled in all DNP courses (from DNP-805 and DNP-815A on). Conferences may be conducted face-to-face or via technology. A copy of the wet-ink or digitally (digital identifier) signed document must be uploaded into the digital classroom no later than the end of Topic 1.
- Overall course- and learner-specific objectives: These objectives should be discussed during each conference, as learners are responsible for completing all experiences as mandated for the program.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the learning management system. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above with your faculty. Update your faculty/chair with any revisions or changes to the ISP.
- List the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice immersion hour and competency requirements throughout this course. How might you overcome these challenges?
- Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP resource, and type in your signature (learner only) and the date on which you completed the table. Read the information in the ISP document, including the following: Learner Expectations, Derivation of the ISP, and Instructions for Completing the ISP.
- Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
DNP-815A Scientific Underpinnings GCU Reflective Analysis Case Report Component Paper
In this assignment, learners are required to construct a reflective analysis incorporating a personal nursing philosophy. The Reflective Analysis Case Report Component Paper assignment may be written in first-person language as appropriate to express personal perspectives but must otherwise adhere to the guidelines below.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use the current APA style for their essay writing assignments. The current APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.DNP-815A Scientific Underpinnings GCU
- This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric before beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- A minimum of three peer-reviewed references published within the last 5 years is required.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Compose a reflective analysis (1,000-1,250 words) incorporating your personal philosophy of nursing, including the following core elements:
- What is your central belief about the individual person?
- How does your personal worldview influence your approach to patients?
- What constitutes the environment?
- How do the individual and the environment interact?
- What is your view of health?
- How does illness relate to health?
- How do you think nursing leaders might serve others in ways that promote human flourishing?
- What is the central reason for the existence of nursing?
Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours:
It may be possible to earn portfolio practice immersion hours for this assignment. Enter the following after the References section of your paper:
Practice Immersion Hours Completion Statement DNP-815A
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed and logged (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I also have tracked said practice immersion hours in the Lopes Activity Tracker for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice immersion preceptor/mentor before the end of the course. DNP-815A Scientific Underpinnings GCU