Posted: December 30th, 2022
Diana Wiseman iHuman Case Plan
Admit to Medicine Floor
• VS Q 4 hours
• Note: Penicillin allergy
• IV Fluids 2 L NS wide open; then 1/2 NS at 100 cc/hr if no longer orthostatic
Hyperglycemia/DM type 1 control
• FS glucose Q 2 hours until below 200 mg/dL; then Q 4 hr
• Insulin Lispro provided pre-meals with sliding scale increase for every BS > 150 as long as patient eating
. Continue routine long acting insulin
• Monitor urine for ketones
• Levofloxacin (Levaquin) 750 mg IV q24h for five days was initiated.
• At day five the patient was switched to oral levofloxacin 750 mg PO daily for nine days, for a total 14-day projected duration of antibiotic treatment. Diana Wiseman iHuman Case Plan
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.