Posted: February 16th, 2017
Describe how osmoreceptors, a decrease in blood pressure (or volume) and a dry mouth will activate the thirst center in the hypothalamus.
The pre-lab evaluation questions must be answered prior to lab and demonstrated to your lab instructor. You must read through the assigned chapter readings, lab introduction, objectives, overview and procedure to answer these questions.
Please cite your work for any reference source you utilize in answering these questions.
- Compare and contrast the detailed characteristics to the intracellular fluid (ICF) and extracellular fluid (ECF) compartments.
- Describe how osmoreceptors, a decrease in blood pressure (or volume) and a dry mouth will activate the thirst center in the hypothalamus.
- Describe the process of edema, where it can occur in the body, and the symptomology that may be associated with it.
- Why is it vital to maintain a proper electrolyte balance in the body?
- Why is it important to maintain proper sodium levels in the body? How does aldosterone and angiotensin influence sodium levels in our body?