Posted: September 7th, 2016
A small cohort study is conducted in 13 patients with an aggressive cellular disorder linked to cancer. The clinical courses of the patients are depicted graphically in Figure 3.2.
FIGURE 3–2 Clinical Course for Patients with Aggressive Cellular Disorder
• a. Compute the prevalence of cancer at 12 months.
• b. Compute the cumulative incidence of cancer at 12 months.
• c. Compute the incidence rate (per month) of cancer.
• d. Compute the incidence rate (per month) of death.
Five hundred people are enrolled in a 10-year cohort study. At the start of the study, 50 have diagnosed CVD. Over the course of the study, 40 people who were free of CVD at baseline develop CVD.
• a. What is the cumulative incidence of CVD over 10 years?
• b. What is the prevalence of CVD at baseline?
• c. What is the prevalence of CVD at 10 years?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.