Posted: February 16th, 2017
Compare and contrast the cause, treatments and complications of the following sexual transmitted diseases: Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes simplex type 2?
- Separate into groups of 2-4 and review the questions on the handout that the lab instructor will provide. Share your thoughts and opinions with your group members on these questions. Please remember to be professional, courtesy and respectful of your classmate’s opinions and thoughts.
- After briefly discussing these questions with your group members, your lab instructor will facilitate a classroom discussion on these questions. Please remember to be professional and respectful of your classmates’ opinions and thoughts.
The post lab evaluation questions must be completed prior to your submission of the lab. Answers for these questions will be derived from the lab protocol, the weekly concepts associated with the lab and possibly research content from the book and/or online resources.
Please cite your work for any reference source you utilize in answering these questions.
- How does an IUD (intrauterine device) and the birth control shot prevent pregnancy from occurring? How does a tubal ligation and vasectomy prevent pregnancy from occurring?
- What is the difference between identical and non-identical twins, including how they formed?
- Compare and contrast the cause, treatments and complications of the following sexual transmitted diseases: Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes simplex type 2?
- What and why are their concerns with women over the age of 35 becoming pregnant?
- What is the difference between in-vitro fertilization and artificial insemination process for pregnancy?