Posted: October 3rd, 2016
33. Under what circumstances would it be desirable to minimize the percentage of individuals with false negative results on a test? (ONE POINT)
34. Which indicator answers the following question from the patients: “Given that I have a positive test, what is my chance that I have the disease?” [ONE POINT]
35. A colleague informs the epidemiologist of a new screening test for the early detection of lung cancer. How might the test be assessed before it is used by the general medical community? [ONE POINT]
36. Explain the relationship between specificity and false positive results?
Give example (TWO POINTS)
37. The purpose of a double blind or double masked study is to: [ONE POINT]
a. Achieve comparability of treated and untreated subjects
b. Reduce the effects of sampling variation
c. Avoid observer and subject bias
d. Avoid observer bias and sampling variation
e. Avoid subject bias and sampling variation
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.