Posted: June 1st, 2018
Choose the correct answer.
1. The functions of the autonomic nervous system are based on receptor activity. Autonomic drugs act via all of the following commonly observed receptors sites EXCEPT:
d. Histaminergic and dopaminergic
2. The treatment of acne can consist of the use of topical agents (clindamycin, erythromycin, or azelaic acid). All of which have potential adverse effects. All of the following are commonly observed reactions with the application of these anti-acne medication EXCEPT:
a. skin dryness
b. skin peeling
c. burning sensation
d. changes in skin tone
3. Antipsychotic medications are divided in atypical and atypical antipsychotics. Which of the following is the proposed mechanism of action for all antipsychotic medications?
a. Disruption of neurochemical pathways
b. Primary inhibition of muscarinic and histaminergic receptors
c. Blockage of dopaminergic receptors and action as competitive antagonist of dopamine centrally and peripherally
d. Inhibitor of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake
4. Match the following organs or tissues to the effects they may have on sympathetic or parasympathetic system response:
1.Skin a. causes constriction (Parasympathetic)
2.Genitourinary smooth muscle b. no effect (parasympathetic)
(bladder wall) c. Decreases pressure (sympathetic)
3.Heart d. causes vasoconstriction (sympathetic)
4. Eyes e. decreases heart rate
5. Blood vessels
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.