Posted: August 29th, 2018
Assessing the Skin, Hair, Nails, and HEENT
Assignment: Assessing the Skin, Hair, Nails, and HEENT
In preparation for the Head-to-Toe Physical Assessment Video due in Week 10, you will videotape yourself conducting an assessment of the skin, hair, nails, and HEENT this week.
- Arrange an appropriate time and setting with your volunteer “patient” to perform a skin, hair, nails, and HEENT examination.
- Submit your volunteer’s Video Release form prior to the exam.
- Download and review the Skin, Hair, and Nails and HEENT rubric provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Ensure that you have the appropriate lighting and equipment to perform the examination.
- Record yourself performing the skin, hair, and nails, and HEENT physical examination. Be sure to cover all of the areas listed in the rubric and to use any equipment appropriately. This Assignment is due by Day 7 of Week 8. Submit your video using the Kaltura Mashup tool accessible through the Assignment submission link provided.