Posted: March 26th, 2018
A 6-year-old child with leukemia is hospitalized and is receiving combination chemotherapy. Laboratory results indicate that the child is neutropenic, and the nurse prepares to implement protective isolation procedures. Which interventions would the nurse initiate? Select all that apply.
1. Restrict all visitors.
2. Place the child on a low-bacteria diet.
3. Change dressings using sterile technique.
4. Encourage the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
5. Perform meticulous hand washing before caring for the child.
6. Allow fresh-cut flowers in the room as long as they are kept in a vase with fresh water.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.