Posted: September 28th, 2016
• Assessment Item Two
Professional Position Statement
Professional Position Statement – Critical Reflection Essay (40 marks)
Scholarly Work: (10 marks)
Total Word Length: 2,200
• Total Mark Value: 50% Professional Position Statement – Critical Reflection Essay Word length: 2200 words Mark value: 40 marks Your task is to prepare your Professional Position Statement – Critical Reflection Essay on teaching and learning in secondary English which presents your views of yourself as a qualified teacher of subject English. A formal essay structure/format will be used to compose the Professional Position Statement. In your Professional Position Statement – Critical Reflection Essay you will demonstrate* and include:
◦ 1. the breadth and depth of your knowledge and critical evaluation* of the conceptualisations of pedagogy underpinning the secondary English curriculum, including key principles, models and perspectives in teaching and learning in secondary English
◦ 2. your understanding and critical reflection* regarding the values and attitudes that are central to your identity as a secondary English teacher 7-12
◦ 3. your understanding and critical reflection* regarding the mandated professional documents in the English curriculum K-12, including aims, rationales, objectives, outcomes and syllabus content
◦ 4. your knowledge of 7-12 English curriculum content, including language, literacy, grammar and texts suitable for study in Years 7-10 English and in Years 11-12 English
◦ 5. your knowledge of preferred pedagogical models, principles and practices, programming principles and assessment practices within the secondary English curriculum for Years 7-12.
• Note: When critically reflecting* on your views, you are required to analyse*, synthesise* and integrate* your learning across EML441 and EML442, in both specialist English curriculum subjects. You should review both curriculum subjects’ assessment items, readings, modules, notes and resources in developing your Professional Position Statement – Critical Reflection Essay. A Turnitin Similarity Report must accompany the submitted assessment item 2 Word document. *Critically evaluate/reflect
• Provide an in depth examination of the strengths and weaknesses of the ideas/arguments in the assessment question/statement supported by evidence. *Demonstrate Show by example
• *Analyse Consider each idea/argument presented in the question in detail and describe the connections between them.
• *Synthesise Put together various elements to make a whole
• *Integrate Amalgamate and combine elements cohesively Scholarly Work: Mark Value: 10 marks
• Use appropriate in-text citations, reference list, scholarly academic writing (appropriate structure, correct grammar, syntax, punctuation, spelling), APA format and Turnitin Similarity Report Rationale Assessment Item Two is designed to enable you to demonstrate your achievement of the Graduate Teacher Standards as a secondary English teacher by preparing a Professional Position Statement and critical reflection Essay on teaching and learning in secondary English (7-12). The critical reflection element of the Professional Position Statement Essay requires that you analyse and evaluate the attitudes and values that are central to your identity as a graduate standard teacher of secondary English. The task of preparing your Professional Position Statement Essay is designed to be the culmination of your extensive studies in the two secondary English curriculum method subjects (EML441 and EML442), enabling you to clearly demonstrate your readiness to be a professional secondary English teacher. The requisite learning outcomes for Assessment Item Two focus on the articulation of the development of your professional identity as an English teacher. Your professional identity must be based on a high level of professional knowledge and a broad understanding of successful research-based professional practices of English teachers. This task will be valuable as you develop your professional resume and prepare for career interviews in secondary English teaching. This assessment item addresses Learning Outcomes 1, 2 and 5 for this subject:
• 1. be able to create their own pedagogical Position Statement on the teaching of secondary English 2. be able to demonstrate professional knowledge 5. be able to analyse, justify and critically r
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.